For 2013, the PTC will have support at the following local and regional races and will also conduct our first race series program. Provided to members at these races will be pre/post race drinks and sometimes food depending on the event and not to mention fun for all.
The Race Series Program is open to all members and you do not have to podium to win a award and/or be entered in the end of the year drawing. To participate in the Race Series Program, you will need to race in and complete at least four (4) of the focus races in the PTC Tri Club kit/uniform. Special awards and prizes will be awarded to those athletes that meet and qualify in the program at the end of the year party. In addition, your name will be entered in a random drawing for great sponsor products and free PTC racing gear which will be awarded at the end of the year PTC Holiday Party. Those members who race in five (5) focus races will get their name entered twice and those who race six (6) times or more will have their name entered three times in the random drawing. Only one prize per member and it’s suggested that race series athletes meeting the qualification be present at the PTC Holiday Party to claim your prize.
The PTC eligible race series races are as follows.
- 5/12/13 – Boardman Sprint Triathlon: Boardman, Ohio
- 5/19/13 – Columbia Olympic Triathlon: Columbia, Maryland
- New Brighton Sprint Triathlon: New Brighton, Pennsylvania
- 6/9/13 – Ironman 70.3 Eagleman Triathlon: Cambridge, Maryland
- 6/23/13 – The Dam Triathlon: Woodcock Creek Lake In Crawford County, PA
- 6/23/13 – Ironman 70.3 Syracuse Triathlon:, Syracuse, New York
- 7/12-14/13 – Musselman Triathlon Festival: Geneva, New York
- 7/27-28/13 – Pittsburgh Triathlon: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- North Park Sprint Triathlon: North Park, Pennsylvania
- 9/7-8/13 – Rev3 Cedar Point Triathlon: Sandusky, Ohio
- 9/14-15/13 – Savageman Olympic or Half: Deep Creek Lake, Maryland
- 9/21/13 – Mighty Moraine Man Olympic or Half: Moraine State Park, Pennsylvania
Of course, there are a few rules. Here they are:
- You must be a registered, paid up, bonafide member of the Pittsburgh Triathlon Club WHEN YOU DO THE RACE! Races run before your membership are not eligible retroactively.
- All races must be run in Pittsburgh Triathlon Club gear to be eligible. You don’t have to be head to toe but you must have a jersey/singlet or shorts. Something to let the world know you are down with the black and gold. A hat or arm warmers is not enough.
- You must race the race IN YOUR OWN NAME. Relays do not count.
- You must enter as a member of Pittsburgh Triathlon Club when the race allows you to do so. Some races don’t have a club selection or a club championship, but if they do, you must enter as an PTC member.
- You are responsible for inputting completed races into the race series input page on our website. We’ll verify at the end of the season but it’s up to you to track and enter your progress.
- You have to complete the race. Just entering isn’t enough!
- The PTC leadership team has the right to revoke any entry and periodic audits will occur through looking at post race pictures and other means.
How did we choose the races we did? Here were the major criteria:
- Timing of races races spread out both locally and races that draw a competitive field <7 hour drive from Pittsburgh.
- Ability- Anyone from newbies to pros can all have an opportunity to qualify.
- Discounts- some of the races will give entry-discounts to Pittsburgh Tri Club members.
We reserve the right to add (or remove) races. If you would like your favorite event to be a PTC Focus Race, please contact us.
On behalf of the PTC Board of Directors, we wish a very successful racing year!